Adoption Application & Information
Thank you for your interest in adopting with OAR! We know how exciting it is to add a new member to your family. Our adoption and foster applications are the same, as all foster homes need to be approved as adopters. If you are interested in fostering instead of adopting, please write "foster" where it asks for the name of the animal you're interested in adopting. Please click here to read more about fostering before you apply.
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU APPLY TO ADOPT:
1. Please be sure that you've read the description posted for the dog(s) of interest to you. Different dogs have different needs, which will be outlined in the description. You can view all of our available dogs here. As outlined in the descriptions for all of our dogs, all applicants must reside within the metro Atlanta area.
2. Please complete the application as thoroughly and with as much detail as possible. Failure to provide contact information for your vet(s) and landlord (if applicable) will delay the process. Please note that we do often get multiple applications for the same dog. It is our goal to place the pets in our program in the homes we feel are are the best matches for them. We do not operate on a first come, first served basis.
3. Please call your vet's office (if applicable) and authorize them to speak with us. Many vet offices will not release information to us without you calling to give them permission, so if you call ahead of time, this will prevent delays.
4. We are all volunteers and do our best to respond to applications within 3 - 4 days of receipt. We process all applications as quickly as we can. We do respond to all applications received so long as the applicant meets the requirements outlined in the dog's online description.
5. We will schedule a meet and greet with the applicant we feel is the best match for each dog. Meet and greets are scheduled for Saturday mornings. If meeting on a Saturday morning will be a problem (for example, you work every Saturday morning), please contact us before you apply and/or note this on your application to see if we may be able to accomodate another time. Please be advised we are all volunteers and may not be able to accomodate meeting another time. We do not hold pets for adoption, so if you are not quite ready adopt now (you have a vacation coming up, you're in the process of moving, etc), please check back with us when you are ready to welcome a new family member. In other words, if you would not be able to come meet and adopt a dog on the Saturday following your completion of this application, we ask that you wait to apply until you are available. We are not currently holding adoption events due to COVID-19, and meeting a dog before submitting an application is unfortunately not an option.
6. If you have submitted an application within the last year, you do not need to apply again unless you have moved or have acquired a new pet since you last applied. Please email us at email@example.com and let us know that you've previously applied and the new dog of interest to you.
7. Applicants must be at least 21 years old.