Volunteer & Foster Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Orphan Annie Rescue! We are an all-volunteer organization, and the more help we can get, the more dogs we can save!
- Assistance at adoption events (*we are not currently holding adopting events due to COVID-19*)
- We hold adoptions every Saturday at the Perimeter PetSmart from 11:30am - 1:30pm. Aside from needing assistance walking dogs, cleaning cages, and interacting with the public, we need help setting up the adoption site in the morning and breaking it down in the afternoon
- Transporting animals to/from vet appointments during the week
- We often need assistance transporting animals to vet appointments during the week. The majority of these appointments are located in Avondale Estates and Brookhaven.
Click HERE for our volunteer application. Please note that this is not our application for fostering. You can find the link for that below.
- We do not have a facility, so we rely on foster homes to save lives. When you foster, you provide an animal a comfortable place to stay until s/he finds a forever home. We provide all supplies and cover the medical care as well. There is no out of pocket expense for you to care for the animal unless you choose. Foster parents must live in the metro Atlanta area and be able to bring their foster pet to our weekly Saturday adoption events at the Perimeter PetSmart (128 Perimeter Center W, Atlanta, GA 30346) - drop off is 11:30am and pick up is 1:30pm. To be clear, fostering a dog is not meant to be a trial for adopting a particular dog. The dogs that we have posted for adoption on our website do currently have foster homes, unless otherwise stated. Fostering allows us to take in new dogs and save more lives!
Click HERE for our foster application.